3.22.2006

More sickness!

Well ... we thought we were getting over the cold/allergy stuff, but it is still lingering a little! Then on Monday night, things took a dramatic turn ... I was just drifting off when Jack got sick (yucky sick)! He was running a high fever and couldn't rest! I was trying to pinpoint what was wrong, but couldn't. Finally he complained of his neck hurting. I thought it was his throat, but we finally traced it to his right ear. I went and dug out some numbing drops and that helped after a while. When we finally got to sleep for a length of time, we were doing better. When he awakened Tuesday morning, his fever was still close to 102! My kids never run fever like that (unless something major is going on), especially in the morning! So, I start trying to plan to get him to the doctor! With John's help to feed the older kids. I got Jack bathed and we were dressed to go! We were at the doc around 9AM! My suspicions were correct ... his right ear is VERY infected. We got medicine and lunch and headed home! Jack slept for three hours in the playroom on the futon! He still wasn't great, but as the day went on, he was much improved! Now I am catching up on laundry ... lots of towels and sheets! :) I am so thankful I am not dealing with a virus!
Thankfully - we are recovering well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can relate for sure. My kids have all been sick. What a blessing for them that you so tenderly care for them. Much Love,
Julie

Counter