3.17.2006

The Mystery of the Growing Puddle

I always try to hear my children out before I accuse them of something. If I didn't see it, there is no telling what really happened. This morning I was walking into our playroom from the living room and in the doorway I stepped into something damp. I immediately asked Grant is he sneezed! "No, mam," he answered. I asked again to get the same response. So, I asked the other children if they knew anything about it, but no one knew anything! I got a paper towel and blotted it and went on my way to feed the baby. Well, not to long after that, I went back to round them up to do something and I stepped in "it" again. Except now, it was MORE wet! I got a towel and blotted it again, and reluctantly smelled it! I know, that was brave ... it could have been MANY things - from spit up to everything imaginable, but it wasn't - no smell. I was ready to accuse some children of slipping drinks out of the kitchen (something they don't normally do)! They all denied it! So, I put more cloths on top of the original wet one, and when I checked it before leaving to run errands, it was ALL soaked! OK, I feel silly now! What is the deal? I am looking up at the woodwork, nothing there. This spot is in the middle of the doorway! Finally, I was about to call my dear hubby, who doesn't have time to deal with this, and it hit me ... the hot water heater is on the other side of the wall! How it is only wet in the middle of the area - I have no idea, but that is the case! While I went to Target and Sam's, my sweet husband went to Lowe's to purchase a new water heater (after he came home to assess the problem), it will be installed between 3 and 7 PM! Just in time for company and dinner! Life is FUN! I mean that! I am also thankful that my children were all innocent in this case! I wish we didn't have to purchase a new hot water heater, but I am more thankful that is wasn't something my children did!
Have a blessed weekend!

No comments:

Counter